Thursday, April 4, 2013

Meet Devotha, graduate and future engineer


Meet Devotha. She is one of our recent secondary school graduates with a concentration in Mathemathics, Physics, Geography. She would like to be an engineer.


Below is an interview with Devotha from two years ago, when she was in S5. She has since graduated from S6 and is looking forward to a bright future.

1. Please say your name and where you go to school.
My name is MUKARUGEMA Devotha, I go at Groupe Scolaire Bumba in east district.

2. Tell about your family.
We are family of eight people, six of us are siblings, and the two are my big sister’s, who is our guardian.

3. What do you want to do for a job after school?
When I finish school, my dream is to work in math and physics related fields. I want to be an Engineer after university studies.

4. What difference has school made in your life?
With my supporter, I now study very well comparing to the last two years, when frequently was getting kicked out of classrooms due to lack of school fees.

5. What has been your most favorite moment of the current school year?
I was really happy, when I represented my school in Callefur Umurezi contest and held the third place. Also our soccer team went to play at Murunda and won.

6. What has been the most challenging thing in school this year?
I don’t have much difficulties at school, except illness, I get allergies on my skin when I bath cold water in the mornings.

7. How do you want to create improvement in your community?
The first thing I will focus on after my education, is to help other without expecting anything in return, exactly as I am being supported.


To honor Devotha and our other graduates for their hard work, we are planning a graduation ceremony and party! This special occasion will take place the afternoon of Thursday, April 18. We expect close to 100 people in attendance including: our graduates and their families, our students, and the village leaders.
We need your help in two ways:
1. Financial Help.To make this event extra-special for our graduates we are raising $500 for costs. Expenses include: caps and gowns, graduation certificates, programs, invitations, food and beverages, and transportation. If you would like to make a contribution to the Graduation Campaign, click HERE.
2. Note of congratulations or encouragement.  If you would like to write a special note of congratulations or encouragement to our graduates, click HERE.

No comments: